Different parts and peices of the eye!
Cornea-the clear portion of the eye, it's dome shaped. No blood vessels in the eye, it is normally clear and has a shiny surface. The cornea is extremely sensitive - there are more nerve endings in the cornea than anywhere else in the body. The sclera-is the mainly white part. Six tiny muscles connect to it around the eye and control the eye's movements. When you get older, the white starts to turn yellow in color. The retina is a multi-layered sensory tissue that lines the back of the eye.
Parasympathetic involves the cranial nerve number 3, they contract all at once. The sympathetic uses norepinephrin as the diameter increases.
The best way to taake car of your eyes, are to make annual eye appointments. I beleive its about every 6 monthes or once a year. Depends on your condition. When i was in the 8th grade it was my first time getting advised to get glasses, so I could be able to see better. At first I thought i was really dorky, "four eyes" I didn't want to get made fun of...but they just help people to see, as I grew older people stopped making fun of others who needed to wear them. =]
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
TENA!!
ReplyDeleteSo, I enjoyed the way you talked about the parts of the eye and explained a little bit about it. The eye is such an important part in everyday life and I couldn't imagine not being able to see. I got glasses when I was in the first grade and the first day to school with them I got called four eyes and now go figure there "fashinable". HaHa.
See you tomorrowwww tena.
Tena,
ReplyDeleteI hated wearing glasses when I was a child. I was called 4 eyes also and kids would say do did you get your glasses from the bottom of a coke-a-cola bottle. Kids can be so mean. I was 2 when I got my first pair. I wear contacts now so people don't realize how bad my eyes are. We studied cataracts, cloudy of the lens, during this section. I was in my mid 30's when I got diagnosed with them. They have to do the total lens replacement because I have thin corneas and laser surgery would be to dangerous. Once we studied the eye, I now understand how come the cornea is important. When I talk to me I look at their eye's to see if I can see the difference' in people's cornes, like you can a cat. Well anyway I can't wait for those new lenses to be implanted.
Tena...I started wearing glasses when I was 9 I believe. I hated the idea of them. They were these very round, Harry Potter like glasses. I always wondered why I was being punished. lol. My dad also had bad eye sight, he changed that with the lasic surgery they do now. I think it is amazing the way a laser can correct someones eye sight. I have a feeling that one day they are going to have drops to correct eye sight. The reason I think this is because when my dad had his surgery the doctor accidentally "over corrected" on of his eyes and all they did was give him drops and it went back to where it was supposed to be. It is funny how that works. :)
ReplyDelete