Monday, February 9, 2009

Cranial+ Spinal Nerves..

With a new professor, Mr. Brad Haskell. It was an adventure all right. I actually found it tough learning from a new professor who I wasn't used to his teaching and lecturing. But I followed along somewhat, and disscussed gray and white matter. The dorsal root deals with sensory, while the ventral root is motor based.
Also learned about descending is motor, and ascending is sensory. Plexus are networks of axons.
Facilius Gracilis-procioception touch/ pressure from the lower limbs. Fesciulus Cuneatus- touch/ pressure from the upper limbs. Antero-lateral Spinothalamic Tract-pain/ temperature deep pressure. Antero-lateral Cortospinal Tract- impulses to lower order neurons in the spinal cord. Ventral Arteries-arterial blood to the Circle of Willis.
In day to day life, if the Cirle of Willis is mixed up by either a blood clot, or too much blood in certain area, it's good to know the direction of travel of blood. Especially people dealing or overcoming a stroke.

2 comments:

  1. Tena,
    Just wanted you to know that I have just finished reading your first three blogs AND you are thirty points richer! What an amazing story about your sudden reaction to peanuts! Sounds like everyone who was at the holiday part probably expereinced an adrenaline rush on your behalf, but especially those trying to rush you to the ER!
    I am looking forward to reading your blogs this semester - seems like you have an interesting and exciting life!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have a disability and it effects my lower legs It is in the Lumbar region L1 L2 to be exact. this disability is called Spina Bifida and it effects my lower legs in that I can not use them to walk or even stand. I can't even feel from my wast down.

    ReplyDelete