The digestive system is made up of what we call a tract! Going from your oral cavity all the way through the body exiting at the anal canal. The organs that make up the tract include; the mouth, esophagus, stomach, small+large intestine, colon, anus.. But these organs have a cool lining called the mucosa. The mucosa contains little teeny glands that make juice to help digest food, these glands can be found in the stomach, mouth, and small intestine. Also containing layers of smooth muscle helping to breakdown food and keeps it moving along. The top dogs, the liver and the pancreas also produce special juices that go to the intestines that reach them through ducts!
The gallbladder stores the liver's digestive juices until it's needed in the intestine. While I'm talking about the gallbladder, I am goign to tell a quick story. It must have been a month ago by now, but I was visiting a friend home from college. Her mother had just had surgery, and we were helping in anyway we could. Terri, Amy's mom sent us to the grocery store, picked up everything needed for dinner, she was so appreciative she invited me to stay for dinner. Amy and I prepared the meal, organic carrots, organic potatoes, leanist steak I have ever eaten, water for a beverage. I mean every bit I put into my body was healthy! About two hours after the delicious meal we had completed, I felt a severe pain in the middle of my chest..I had never felt this horrible sensation before. It was so bad I knew I needed to take a trip to the emergency room. Sitting anxiously in the waiting area for close to an hour in a half, I started to feel sick. Not from the pain, but an up set belly ache. I tried to say something to Amy, but before I could I lost my cookies. Feeling a little bit better, and the pain almost gone by the time the nurses got me into the ER, the signs and symptoms sound like a Gallbladder attack. And I needed to get an Ultrasound immediately, the results from the the US stated I had many little tiny stones blocking the ducts, causing the terrible pain I felt. Now I am scheduled for a removal of my gallbladder May 29. I'm quite scared, I am only 19 years old. The doctor says it should be an easy procedure, and I will most likely be able to go home later that day, depending on how I feel.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment